[removed]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdrdx

Reaction score
[removed]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Supposed to start at touro in a week but just got into University of Florida. Will NOT get in-state tuition even tho I am from Florida so price isn’t that much different. Idk what to do I’d rather live in Westchester County NY than Gainesville but the prestige of UF is obviously much greater. Already signed a lease at a nice place in NY but I could always sublease. Any input ?
Depends on if you want to be a guinea pig to an extra 100 students. UF might be the way to go

Depends on if you want to be a Guinea pig to an extra 100 students. UF might be the way to go
this^
the lecture and preclinical areas (and even locker rooms and other services) have been set up for 100 students
now there are 100 more students
do the math...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
this^
the lecture and preclinical areas (and even locker rooms and other services) have been set up for 100 students
now there are 100 more students
do the math...
can you explain what you mean by this? was the class only supposed to have 100 students but they accepted 200?

can you explain what you mean by this? was the class only supposed to have 100 students but they accepted 200?
Originally the class I believe is around 110-115 students. But they wanted to open a school in NM but the school won’t be finished for ~2 years so they accepted 100 more students to join the class of 2027, and this cycle 2028 and those students will be with the NY cohort until they join the school in NM for D3/D4. The problem is the NY campus was build to handle 115 students. Not 215 students, so the classrooms will be packed and they’ll have to logistically figure out how to get all students ready for clinic with not enough seats.

Originally the class I believe is around 110-115 students. But they wanted to open a school in NM but the school won’t be finished for ~2 years so they accepted 100 more students to join the class of 2027, and this cycle 2028 and those students will be with the NY cohort until they join the school in NM for D3/D4. The problem is the NY campus was build to handle 115 students. Not 215 students, so the classrooms will be packed and they’ll have to logistically figure out how to get all students ready for clinic with not enough seats.
so the past cycle and this cycle thats opened now is lowkey getting screwed? yikes :O is this a nono to ask about in interviews u think

so the past cycle and this cycle thats opened now is lowkey getting screwed? yikes :O is this a nono to ask about in interviews u think
I think you'd have to tread very lightly with how you ask the question. Maybe like "how does TCDM plan on providing enough clinic space for their students to practice while in NY? NYU uses a split class method where one class is AM and the other is PM if I remember someone saying it. So they'll have to figure out the logistics. I imagine that the class of 2027 will have a lot more kinks than class of 2028. But who knows, maybe it will go a lot smoother than we think. Only time will tell.