1. Anti-Piracy Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted work is illegal. Sale or sharing of pirated materials is a crime and violates the SDN Terms of Service. Be aware that SDN reserves the right to report this activity to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. SDN cooperates with copyright holders in enforcement.

If you encounter an advertisement for a pirated product, please use the Report link located on the lower left side of the post or PM to alert our volunteer team.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Rentals for Wingate

Discussion in 'Housing (Temporary and Long-term)' started by annette22, Mar 23, 2007.

1. annette22

annette22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello,those of us going to wingate this fall.do you know where apartments are for rental.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Have you checked Monroe for apartments yet?

4. Tumi 07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Are there any nice apartments in Monroe? I've been looking at some apartments in Matthews which is not too far from Wingate.

5. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I haven't checked out the interiors. I've been looking at the cost factors mainly as I'm still deciding between schools and Monroe seems like a more convenient location.

If Matthews' apartments are anything like the hotel fares there, then they might be expensive. But I really don't know.:)

6. Tumi 07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Whats your price range for rent?

7. pologirl242

10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    try rent.com guys....there's a couple of things there.....rent runs from 500-800, mostly averaging high 500 and 600. closer you get to charlotte (southeast), it's cheaper, but busier area....if you are looking to commute that far out....rent's around 400-700.

8. Gizmo

Gizmo ?
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If you're looking at an apt in Monroe: I'm currently paying $605 for a one bedroom at Chase. My friend pays $425 or $450 for an efficiency at Nottingham.

If you are deciding between the Matthews area vs Monroe or Wingate: I know some students who lived in Mattews and further who are now looking to move to Wingate b/c they thought the drive was too long. I don't know any students who lived in Wingate/Monroe this year who are looking to move farther away.

9. LaoSaint

LaoSaint Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Any Future Wingate Dudes who are interested in roomming together? Private me if you are interested in a roommate for august! Non-Smoker Preferably!

Thanks

10. annette22

annette22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello Gizmo,
    do you have utilities included at the chase.

11. annette22

annette22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks for your help.Have you seen the new apatment for pharmacy students at wingate.If you have what do you think of it.I received a flyer in reference to that.I am comming from out of state and have no clue on housing.thanks for your imput once again.

12. Gizmo

Gizmo ?
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Water is included, so that saves me about $50/month (based on what my friends pay elsewhere). My electricity ranges from between $50 to $75/mo. Trash is $5.

13. Gizmo

Gizmo ?
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I drove by those apts last week.

The good part is that they are near school (close enough for me to walk to school, although most people would probably drive anyway), I think the apts are furnished.

The bad part is that the neighborhood is kinda ghetto (for example, there was vulgar graffitti on one of the houses -- I don't mind that sort of stuff, but my friend's parents didn't like that), and it's a 2-person apt so you would have to share with another student (I think $550/person).

14. pologirl242

10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    how about Wingate Manor or Gateway Village? Any insights on those Gizmo? Like how the neighborhood surrounding it, stores, walking distance, etc? I noticed they are very close to the school but is it better to go ahead and get the student housing or are those apartments pretty decent? Probably a lot of students that live there huh?

15. Gizmo

Gizmo ?
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I've actually never seen Wingate Manor or Gateway Village before. It's possible that I have driven past them before while at school, but I never noticed them. I'll have to ask other students who may know more about these apts.

You will be given your password for the WUSOP discussion board sometime in the near future; students post available housing and roommate want ads. This is a good way to get more info from other students regarding housing, etc.

16. bluebear26

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    hey i was wondering if anyone is interesting in finding roommates? i was thinking it could be cheaper if we find, for instance, a 4 bedroom apt. or house to rent.

17. LaoSaint

LaoSaint Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Count me in! I'm all for rooomates

18. themorphinerule

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    have you found housing? they are offering campus housing this year now.

19. 1908PharmD

Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would have loved to go to wingate but the area around the school is awesome!