1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Renting Homes while in pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PolarBear21, Mar 3, 2007.

1. PolarBear21

PolarBear21 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Is it generally hard to find homes for rent? The reason why I ask is because I think I may have to take my dog with me to pharmacy school, he is a large labrador who isn't trained very well and I need a backyard he can play in. Its so sad because he's my uncle's dog but they were going to put him in the pound because he wasn't a puppy anymore and then me and my parents took him in but my parents are moving to SoCal and I don't know where else this dog is going :(

This might be a shot in the dark, but anyone have any advice in finding roomates and finding homes for rent and with pets. :confused:

I really love my dog and its causing me a lot of stress for pharmacy school next year.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OasisDwlr

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would try www.craigslist.com

I have been browsing it lately, and people usually post if pets are allowed. Try searching under the shared/roomate function and see if there is someone renting a room in a house that will allow a dog. Or you could always find a house to rent and post an add looking for roomates yourself.

4. SunFlower2008

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Aw, polarbear, you have such a warm heart, I truely understand how important a dog is, I have two golden retrivers! Fortunely, my family gonna take both of them, so I don't have to worried about finding a house for my doggies, but one thing I am sure is I will miss them~~~~~
    you can see your dog and play with him/her after school everyday. that's a good side:)
    Good luck on finding the housing!

5. Dig0

Dig0 New Member
    7+ Year Member

On a slightly related note, has anyone here looked into long term house sitting as an option through pharmacy school? I would gladly do it, but I have no idea where to find people that need this.

6. fmbzp5

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

I am in the same situation. My dog is like my son and whereever I go he is going.

You can find houses like someone said on craigslist.com or if you go to a larger city just do a google search and several sites come up where poeple post. finally the school will probably have postings other students have put up for roommates/ houses to rent.

Good luck to you and your baby :)

7. PolarBear21

PolarBear21 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks a lot guys for the advice/support! :D