Renting Homes while in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it generally hard to find homes for rent? The reason why I ask is because I think I may have to take my dog with me to pharmacy school, he is a large labrador who isn't trained very well and I need a backyard he can play in. Its so sad because he's my uncle's dog but they were going to put him in the pound because he wasn't a puppy anymore and then me and my parents took him in but my parents are moving to SoCal and I don't know where else this dog is going :(

This might be a shot in the dark, but anyone have any advice in finding roomates and finding homes for rent and with pets. :confused:

I really love my dog and its causing me a lot of stress for pharmacy school next year.

Members don't see this ad.

I would try www.craigslist.com

I have been browsing it lately, and people usually post if pets are allowed. Try searching under the shared/roomate function and see if there is someone renting a room in a house that will allow a dog. Or you could always find a house to rent and post an add looking for roomates yourself.

Aw, polarbear, you have such a warm heart, I truely understand how important a dog is, I have two golden retrivers! Fortunely, my family gonna take both of them, so I don't have to worried about finding a house for my doggies, but one thing I am sure is I will miss them~~~~~
you can see your dog and play with him/her after school everyday. that's a good side:)
Good luck on finding the housing!

Members don't see this ad :)
On a slightly related note, has anyone here looked into long term house sitting as an option through pharmacy school? I would gladly do it, but I have no idea where to find people that need this.

Is it generally hard to find homes for rent? The reason why I ask is because I think I may have to take my dog with me to pharmacy school, he is a large labrador who isn't trained very well and I need a backyard he can play in. Its so sad because he's my uncle's dog but they were going to put him in the pound because he wasn't a puppy anymore and then me and my parents took him in but my parents are moving to SoCal and I don't know where else this dog is going :(

This might be a shot in the dark, but anyone have any advice in finding roomates and finding homes for rent and with pets. :confused:

I really love my dog and its causing me a lot of stress for pharmacy school next year.

I am in the same situation. My dog is like my son and whereever I go he is going.

You can find houses like someone said on craigslist.com or if you go to a larger city just do a google search and several sites come up where poeple post. finally the school will probably have postings other students have put up for roommates/ houses to rent.

Good luck to you and your baby :)

Thanks a lot guys for the advice/support! :D