REPAYE interest subsidy / Great Lakes Borrowing

Started by heybrother
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
POST SUMMARY: REPAYE Interest Subsidy does eventually show up on your account.

Hi,

So when I initially signed up for REPAYE I found myself wondering - how will I know that the subsidy is actually happening. I searched high and low through the menus and couldn't seem to find anything indicating I was actually receiving a discount on my unpaid interest.

Waited a month... then logged on today to Great Lakes - went to Payment History.

Repayment.jpg


Semi-gratifying.
 
That's cool. Unfortunately I've yet to find a spot where FedLoan documents this, so I just have to check my interest balance the day before and after my payment is applied. Kind of annoying.