Repeat applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THE instiGATOR

Cow Tipper
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are those who didn't match doing this year in the application cycle? I remember getting an interview two days after submitting my application last year and having them trickle in at a very steady rate. This year, I applied to many more programs than I did last year. I've only received four interviews :scared: . No rejections yet, though. I'm doing a prelim year at a great program. The four interviews came promptly after my application was sent, but I've been waiting nearly a week with nothing. What gives? I have yet to hear from any of the programs at which I interviewed last year (reapplied to the ones I liked). I'm beginning to worry. One positive is that the first program to reject me last year has offered me an interview this year.

Share your experience to date if you are in the same boat (reapplying, that is).

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: The dry spell has ended. Was beginning to worry there. :cool:

Best of luck this year, imtiaz. Nobody should have to repeat their intern year, as it is aweful. We'll be better surgeons for having done it, though. At least that is what I'm telling myself to get me through this.

Side note: My favorite is when the attendings tell us that we should read more. I also love how the chiefs, who have a tad bit more time to cruise through the latest journal articles, forward numerous "relevant" articles for our reading pleasure. Like I have any time to read. So sad. I am going to bomb the ABSITE. :laugh: It's a good thing I have some "vacation" time before the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat. Already got rejected by last year's first choice program, so I guess its not meant to be. Trying to focus on a different part of the country this year. I'm not feeling very optimistic though considering I had less time for the application and will have to schedule interviews into an intern schedule. On a bright note I have already had interview offers.

wut do u guys have to say about your chances of getting categorical at the same program where u are doing ur prelim yr.
wud appreciate ur response