Repeat in classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

evelycious

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I didn't do too well in my undergrad classes. Had some C-. Should I retake the classes now or continue on in my upper division classes and then retake them when I'm done? Also, I took more classes than I needed, i.e I took 3 quarters of organic chem, so for the schools that does not require 3 quarters of it, do they even look at that grade and use it for consideration or they just ignore it completely?


-Evelyn
 
I think you need a C or better to pass the pre-req for optometry school, so a C- might not cut it. Contact and optometry school to find out (call them or look at a webpage). If these low grades are really hurting your GPA I would probably think about retaking some of them. And yes, they do look at all science courses you take. I had to write every science course I have ever taken in college and its grade on a form, even if it wasn't a prerequisite. Hope that helps.