Repeat internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FYC2004

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently a PGY1 resident at a categorical IM program, I have some mayor family issues and I have to relocate to a different state my first choice would obviously be transfer as a second year PGY2 however that can be really hard to find a position, Is it possible for me to reapply this years match for IM in a different program, is this a violation? I would appreciate your help

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Im currently a PGY1 resident at a categorical IM program, I have some mayor family issues and I have to relocate to a different state my first choice would obviously be transfer as a second year PGY2 however that can be really hard to find a position, Is it possible for me to reapply this years match for IM in a different program, is this a violation? I would appreciate your help

thank you
Not a violation. It happens not THAT infrequently, and I know a couple people who have done it.

The most important thing you'll need is a letter from your current PD saying you're a resident in good standing.

Reactions: 1 users