REPEATED CLASSES ON OPTOMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preopt2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you classify on your application that you repeated a course?
And When they are calculating your GPA, do they add both grades or just the recently repeated course?

Members don't see this ad.

After you're done editing, it'll ask for repeated course and for you to select the most recent ones, regardless if you did better or worse than the first attempt.

After you're done editing, it'll ask for repeated course and for you to select the most recent ones, regardless if you did better or worse than the first attempt.
Would I select the most recent repeated class grade? Or will I select all.. example, If I got a D in chem 1 at first, C in second attempt, and A in third attempt? Would I select all 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would I select the most recent repeated class grade? Or will I select all.. example, If I got a D in chem 1 at first, C in second attempt, and A in third attempt? Would I select all 3?
It only works for the first 2 times you take the class. It will tell you to select the first one and the second one. They won't count the third one.

It only works for the first 2 times you take the class. It will tell you to select the first one and the second one. They won't count the third one.
I’m confused by what you meant. When I emailed OptomCAS they said to list all previous attempt as 0 for credits and to only give credit for the most recent attempt as long as it’s taken at the same institution. They didn’t say there was a limit on just the first two attempts. I’ll attach the email I received from them. I even emailed back asking in a case where I’ve retaken the class 3 times, and they said it’s still the last attempt.

Attachments

• D112B946-EC46-436F-A945-7E33FBC4C473.png
    D112B946-EC46-436F-A945-7E33FBC4C473.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I’m confused by what you meant. When I emailed OptomCAS they said to list all previous attempt as 0 for credits and to only give credit for the most recent attempt as long as it’s taken at the same institution. They didn’t say there was a limit on just the first two attempts. I’ll attach the email I received from them. I even emailed back asking in a case where I’ve retaken the class 3 times, and they said it’s still the last attempt.
Thank you!!