Repeated courses (anyone got in by repeating a course?)

Started by mystro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mystro

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious, how does the admissions committee look at repeated courses? I have 2 courses that I got low 60's in. Is their anything I can do about it? Is it bad if I repeat a course? Obviously I will do better in it, so i'm not quite sure about what to do.

And is anyone currently in Optometry who has repeated a course? or two? Please share your experiences and your thoughts.

Thanks!
 
I repeated the second semester of OCHEM. Went from a D -> B+. Admissions didn't seem to care much, and if they asked about it they were satisfied by my reasons for doing poorly.

Although we all get caught up in numbers and stats, I think sometimes admissions committees like to look at the forest through the trees. As long as you don't have a trend of failure, then you should be fine. On the other hand, a trend of improvement helps your case.