Repeated Courses at a Different School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kippermr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for those who have already applied and are familiar with the PTCAS Transcript Entry portion:

I took the biology series at my undergrad university, but wanted to take additional biology classes at a community college after graduation so that I can use these classes to fulfill prerequisites instead of my previous ones.
If my class at my undergrad university was titled "Introduction to Biology: Essentials of Life on Earth", but my community college course was titled "General Biology" or "Microbiology" do I have to mark these as repeated courses on my PTCAS application? (Even if they don't cover the exact same topics)

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed a school I was applying to the same question. From my understanding, you do not have to mark them as a repeated course. Although it's the same subject, it's a different course. General biology is completely different from microbiology similar to how general chemistry I & II is completely different from organic chemistry I & II. Some courses such as Anatomy & Physiology I & II are the same everywhere so you would mark those as a repeated course. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I had an undergrad bio course titled that too, and I called it baby biology because it's for non-science majors. It's not the same thing, and your program might not even take it.

Reactions: 1 user