Repeated/similar questions in PTCAS supplemental program materials?

Started by RADPT21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RADPT21

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
This is my first time applying to physical therapy school and I have a question about the supplemental program materials on the PTCAS website.

I've noticed that some schools have repeated/very similar questions to the general (personal information) PTCAS application section (ex. how Covid-19 affected your personal/professional/academic life, share an experience with a patient that made you confirm that physical therapy is the right career for you (2020-2021 cycle essay prompt), explain if you come from a low economic/environmental/educational background.

I was wondering if is recommended to put the same information/answer from the general PTCAS application to the supplemental questions? In my opinion there is not much I can change to make it look different since all the answers regarding the questions to Covid-19 & economic/environmental/educational background would be the same because they are based on the same factors.

Any tips on how I can make it look different? or if it's okay to just put the exact same answer in both parts of the application?

Thank you for your help in advance!
 
I would say most programs read those questions because they WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU. I remember thinking there were all these tricks, and "gotcha" things on PTCAS. I don't think thats the case...