1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Repeating Classes

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dizzle23x, Dec 10, 2005.

1. dizzle23x

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    i repeated a two classes that I got D's in during my freshman year and replaced them with A's. can anyone tell me if/how AADSAS takes this into account when calculating your gpa? I'm applying for fall 2007 and am worried the D's are really going to drag down my gpa. :eek:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I recieved an F in my freshman year, retook the class and recieved an A. That F has given me nightmares and is a killer on my gpa. But I'm sorry to say that despite retaking the class AADSAS will still put those D's onto your gpa's. :(

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Specifically, AADSAS calculates BOTH of the grades (ie, your A grades don't replace the earlier grades).