Replace first aid path with pathoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMC123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would this be enough just for the path? I feel like the path in pathoma is so well organized, and first aid its random words put together. Let me know if anybody has replaced the first aid path studying with just pathoma before

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. I think they complement each other, and the FA pathology sections are usually around 30 pages so it's not like you're eliminating a huge time drain. The one example that stood out to me was I missed an amenorrhea question on my schools reproductive path exam and the answer was Kallman syndrome which was covered in FA (which I had only glossed over) and missed by Pathoma. If Pathoma covers the unit entirely, it should make FA a quick read anyway giving you the chance to fill in the details from Pathoma and reinforce what you've already covered.

A lot of the "random words" are in First Aid because STEP 1 is very much an exam of buzzwords. Ignore it at your own peril.

Would this be enough just for the path? I feel like the path in pathoma is so well organized, and first aid its random words put together. Let me know if anybody has replaced the first aid path studying with just pathoma before

definitely do not replace. There are stuff in FA that aren't in Pathoma and vice versa