Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Replacing lower level Bio/Chem with upper levels for prereqs?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by exploringmyoptions, Aug 12, 2015.

1. exploringmyoptions

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    So I'm researching different options for graduate school right now, I took all the premed coursework but with my major of movement science I have also been seriously considering PT school.

My issue is that when looking at the pre-reqs for PT schools they often just want Intro Bio or Chem instead of upper levels. I unfortunately did not do super great in those classes (B- in Bio I and B in Chem I) but I did do very well in upper level classes (A- in microbio, A in biochem, A in pchem). Would schools ever consider the upper levels over the lower level classes for prereqs? I have tried to find the answer of PCTAS but it's overwhelming amounts of information and I thought I would see if anybody had similar experiences.

Thank you

2. MadmaxDPT

I'm kind of in the same situation, I got C's in both gen Chems but A's in my Organic Chems. What I've done is called all the schools I was interested in and most of them have said they would take the organic grades