Reporting GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c/o2023hopeful

Reaction score
Hi,

I am taking the GRE for the first time on Thursday. If I choose to take it a second time and do better, do I still have to send my first attempt scores to schools as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am taking the GRE for the first time on Thursday. If I choose to take it a second time and do better, do I still have to send my first attempt scores to schools as well?

This may vary from school to school, but at least the University of Minnesota encourages sending all scores but they only consider the best one. (Other schools may do the same but the other ones I applied to didn't specify on their websites, so if you really want to know for specific schools I would contact them directly.)
It's important to note though that immediately after you finish the GRE you get to designate 4 schools to send to for free. To send them after the fact is $27 per school you send it to, so it's generally more cost effective to just send them right away.

Reactions: 1 user