Reporting Pre-reqs. Classes on PHARMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btcao

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you are matching your transcripts classes to each individual program pre reqs, do you select all that applies or just the requested credits. For example, if a school requires a class of calculus, 4 quarter units, and I've taken more than 4 units would i select all the calculus classes ive taken or just select 1?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to enter exactly how it appears on your transcript because this will make easy for verification.

I was wondering the same thing! I have multiple classes that would count for, lets say, biochemistry (since I've taken physical biochem, biochem I and biochem II) or something in the humanities. Can we just pick the ones we got the highest grade in?

Also, would anyone happen to know if we report both classes if we've retaken them? Or just the most recent one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing! I have multiple classes that would count for, lets say, biochemistry (since I've taken physical biochem, biochem I and biochem II) or something in the humanities. Can we just pick the ones we got the highest grade in?

Also, would anyone happen to know if we report both classes if we've retaken them? Or just the most recent one?
You MUST enter EVERYTHING as It appears on your official transcript. Not just prereqs or classes that are relevant. EVERYTHING must be on there. Request and official transcript for your personal use from the schools you have attended, and once you have. Enter all coursework as it is listed on your transcript. Note: another official transcript must be issued to and sent directly to pharmcas.

Sorry, I don't think my post was clear. The step I'm referring to is for each program. This is after you completed your transcripts entry from all schools and classes you attended. On pharmcas, when you select a program, there are 3 tabs found on that program home page. There's the Home, Prereqs, and Questions tabs. Under the Pre-reqs tab, when you are selecting classes you took that matches with each program's pre-reqs, do you select only the minimum or all that applies? Example, if the program only requires one class of biology, but I have taken a year worth, do I select just one or should I select all that apply? I hope this is more clear.Sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: 1 user