Modoc

5+ Year Member
May 6, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
My scores on comlex are considerably lower than my USMLE scores, applying ACGME anesthesia. Do I have to report my comlex scores? I am a DO btw.

About the Ads

ortnakas

DO PGY-2
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They know you've taken the COMLEX. Even if they don't put much stock in it, I'm guessing programs would view withholding the score as a sketchy move and assume you're hiding something (which, well, you are).

My guess is that for most ACGME programs, as long as you've passed COMLEX (ie they don't have to worry about you getting a license), they'll be happy to look past it at a great USMLE. But I'm just a fellow fourth year so my speculation is truly just that.

Reactions: Eagles6389
Oct 17, 2017
Status
DO/PhD Student
Woah!!!! You did better on the USMLE than on COMLEX? But all these LARPing pre-med and MD folks said the COMLEX is soooo much easier than the USMLE? /sarcasm.

For real though, what happened? I'm a first year and I want to go ahead and put together a plan of attack for both and get started on it immediately. Yes I am a gunner, and I think everyone else should be, but secretly, I'm glad they are not...... Any advice?

About the Ads