reputation of mwu-ccp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIGA121781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i was wondering if anyone knows what the reputation of midwestern-chicago cp is like? is it a good school? i went there for a campus visit and it seemed very small and that there aren't as many resources as some of the state schools. any opinions? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also went there for a campus visit and i thought the school was ok.
I would not mind being accepted.
When was ur cmapus visit and have u heard from them?
Mine was on the 22nd march.

I was really turned-off by this campus. It had a community college feel to it. The building were really depressing and it reminded me of the former communist Eastern Germany. It also doesn't help that the campus is located in the middle of nowhere with no available transportation. The education is suppose to be decent, as it really doesn't matter where you attend as long as you have the "PharmD" behind your name. I liked the campus in Glendale and it has the bonus of only being a three year school. I'd also prefer UIC because it is in Chicago proper and not located in some random field in Downer's Grove.

Members don't see this ad :)
i went there jan 29 and was accepted in February

I visited there last year, and I really didn't think it was that bad. It's in Downer's Grove, so it's actually possible to drive a car and find affordable housing (unlike the city). The campus is a decent size for a private health-sciences campus. The pharmacy class is one of the biggest in the country. Any shopping/nightlife that you could possibly desire is less than 20 minutes away. I can see how it might look a little gloomy if you visited in February or early March, but welcome to the midwest.

Seems like i'm the designated PR man for all of these schools. I met some students from that school at APhA last week and was really impressed. I attended a great seminar w/one of them and found her questions and insights very illuminating. Don't think you can really gain much from this reputation or that reputation bc the students are so varied.

What all do you know about Midwestern University - Glendale? This seems like an interesting school. I am especially attracted to their 3 year program. I was just wondering what the campus was like, since I have never visited it.

cholla.jpg

sahuaro.jpg

There are a few CPG students on this forum (including me). Feel free to PM me with any specific questions, etc. :thumbup: