Request for experience/information in regards to Transitional Care Management in a Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PlayRufioPlease

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I have a question if anyone has any experience/information on transitional care services. I am currently working for a pharmacy that wants to see if its a viable venture. What I am currently trying to figure out is the reimbursement process of TCM and if the revenue generated from this type of service (either through drugs being purchased or MTM service) is worth it or not. Do third parties cover TCM service through a pharmacy? Any information or stories would be greatly appreciated!
 
This is an exciting topic today. Friend of mine received a $4.3 million grant from CMS to investigate pharmacy transitional care model in rural health clinics of an ACO. Results will be published and presented at December Midyear in New Orleans.