Requesting Interviews for convenience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TwoSteveSquared

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got an interview at NYMC, would it be a bad idea to ask schools in Philedelphia, Boston, and D.C. to try to schedule my "potential" interviews around that date?

Or should I just stick to the N.Y. schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kinda in the same situation. I've called several schools in the NY area and haven't had any luck...usually because the main admissions lines at most schools get answered by people who don't like to be bothered by such requests. Most of them told me that you have to have an official invite before you can try to arrange the date to fit your schedule. I'm gonna try and contact an adcom directly to see if I have better luck.

I called Georgetown today to try and get them to hurry up on my app. as I have an interview at GWU on the 26th...no luck...nothing they could do for me. It would be quite irritating if I get back from GWU and have an interview invite from Georgetown in the mail. Wait strike that...not too irritating, but you get the point.

Yes it works...call the schools and tell them you will be in the area...worked for many NYC schools that I am going to next month :)