Requesting LOR via AADSAS NOW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tea&Teeth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is safe from COVID. I had been collecting my LORs via interfolio but I just realized that the AADSAS no longer accepts LORs from third party organizations and has their own letter requesting system. I was just wondering if I can start using that system they have starting now (since I've made an AADSAS account already) or if I need to wait until May when the soft opening happens?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is safe from COVID. I had been collecting my LORs via interfolio but I just realized that the AADSAS no longer accepts LORs from third party organizations and has their own letter requesting system. I was just wondering if I can start using that system they have starting now (since I've made an AADSAS account already) or if I need to wait until May when the soft opening happens?

Thanks!
Hey! I don't think you will be able to use AADSAS's system to collect letters right now because the 2020-2021 cycle hasn't opened yet. If you add anything to the AADSAS application at this time, it won't save and roll over to the next cycle when it opens May 12, 2020.

Here's all the information that will NOT roll over from cycle to cycle:
* Release statements
* Personal statement
* Letters of evaluation
* Program materials: Prerequisites and questions
* Previous school designations
* Previous payments

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you'll have to wait. I guess you can still try to ask the ADEA AADSAS help desk about what to do if they aren't accepting Interfolio. I know a lot of prehealth offices that manage their composite/committee letters through Interfolio so they should be able to advise you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I don't think you will be able to use AADSAS's system to collect letters right now because the 2020-2021 cycle hasn't opened yet. If you add anything to the AADSAS application at this time, it won't save and roll over to the next cycle when it opens May 12, 2020.

* Release statements
* Personal statement
* Letters of evaluation
* Previous payments
I see. Thank you! Sorta off topic, but I took the DAT last summer (2019 summer) and sent out my scores to all the schools then for free. Do you know if the DAT scores will roll over?

Yes, you'll have to wait. I guess you can still try to ask the ADEA AADSAS help desk about what to do if they aren't accepting Interfolio. I know a lot of prehealth offices that manage their composite/committee letters through Interfolio so they should be able to advise you.
Thank you!

I see. Thank you! Sorta off topic, but I took the DAT last summer (2019 summer) and sent out my scores to all the schools then for free. Do you know if the DAT scores will roll over?
All your official DAT scores should be reportable since they come from the ADA database. I don't recall that you needed to do anything special on that.

Yes! Like @Mr.Smile12 said, those are all saved by the ADA and won't go anywhere. So don't worry about that. But here are the things that DO roll over from cycle to cycle:
* Personal Information: biographical information, contact information, citizenship information, environmental, parent/guardian, race/ethnicity and other information
* Supporting Information: experiences, achievements, and licenses
* Academic History: high school, colleges attended, DAT, and coursework

* Release statements
* Personal statement
* Letters of evaluation
* Previous payments
What do you mean by previous school designations?