1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting 'reconsideration' of app.

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by Martha, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Martha

Martha Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello MD/PhDers...
    Sorry if this question has been answered already, I couldn't find an answer by searching--I was just wondering if any of you had any luck in 'questioning' a rejection letter for the MD/PhD interviews. Any stories of writing a letter/further elaboration on research activities that might not have been covered in the secondary... and then later being reconsidered for an interview? I know people have done this with 'holds'...just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.
    Thanks much--:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

as you said - the asking whats up with the hold at ucsd was responded with an invite - don't know if they had anythign to do with eachother (doubtful i think - cause other people had the same situation without writing anything)

its worth doing - i mean they can't do anyting to you. since the applicant pool is small enough that they actully do give each file consideration, they might be willing to take a look at it again - but it also means that they have spent some time with it already. pretyt much you can only gain by asking - i would.

the only place i sent supplementary material to was stanford (my md/phd personal statement in addition to their short application) -- and that didn't quite work haha.

take care though
    -jot

4. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    it doesn't help at all

'nuff said

(but, sometimes you have to do something even though you know it is impossible.)

5. isidella

7+ Year Member

I am tempted, post-rejection, to sent a few supplemental materials in support of my application (kind of like I never saw the rejection letter-like it got lost in the mail.) But I just feel like that jilted lover that is begging the partner to reconsider. . . I don't wanna be that person :rolleyes:

I am going through the five stages of grief with Yale-If you can't tell, I am currently in stage 3, bargaining.