Requesting 'reconsideration' of app.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Martha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello MD/PhDers...
Sorry if this question has been answered already, I couldn't find an answer by searching--I was just wondering if any of you had any luck in 'questioning' a rejection letter for the MD/PhD interviews. Any stories of writing a letter/further elaboration on research activities that might not have been covered in the secondary... and then later being reconsidered for an interview? I know people have done this with 'holds'...just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.
Thanks much--:)

Members don't see this ad.

as you said - the asking whats up with the hold at ucsd was responded with an invite - don't know if they had anythign to do with eachother (doubtful i think - cause other people had the same situation without writing anything)

its worth doing - i mean they can't do anyting to you. since the applicant pool is small enough that they actully do give each file consideration, they might be willing to take a look at it again - but it also means that they have spent some time with it already. pretyt much you can only gain by asking - i would.

the only place i sent supplementary material to was stanford (my md/phd personal statement in addition to their short application) -- and that didn't quite work haha.

take care though
-jot

I am tempted, post-rejection, to sent a few supplemental materials in support of my application (kind of like I never saw the rejection letter-like it got lost in the mail.) But I just feel like that jilted lover that is begging the partner to reconsider. . . I don't wanna be that person :rolleyes:

I am going through the five stages of grief with Yale-If you can't tell, I am currently in stage 3, bargaining.