Requests for interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmerritt07m

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As invitations for interviews come out what do you do if you don't hear or receive an invitation from your top residency choice? Is it wise to contact them and inquire about an interview, and if so, how long should you wait?

Members don't see this ad.

As invitations for interviews come out what do you do if you don't hear or receive an invitation from your top residency choice? Is it wise to contact them and inquire about an interview, and if so, how long should you wait?

If you know others applying to the same program have gotten interviews, there is nothing wrong with contacting them or sending a letter expressing your sheer joy at thought of their wonderful program. Trouble is, you can only do it once. Thus, if it gets into mid-November (ie, after Dean's letters are out) or within 1 month of their last interview day, then I would call.

I can't believe it! I sent out a couple of "I'm still interested emails" to my top choices and it seemed to work.

I only have November and early December to interview because I'm coming from overseas, so I was beginning to get nervous that I hadn't heard from some quality programs. I wasn't sure if it was advisable, but figured it might not hurt. I figured they won't NOT interview me just because I sent them an email, right?

I guess I'm stunned that someone actually picked up my application and bothered to spend 2 seconds looking at it. Very impressed.