-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Required Course Question
Started by lalzi22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NCSU and UFl both require both animal science and animal nutrition.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Oregon State, Oklahoma State and Kansas State require it, but it would be easy to check on the AAVMC website for most of the others.
I find that site tends to be wrong. For example, it says nothing about Calc for Ohio, but Ohio requires calc...so I don't like to go by that site.
Specifically I was wondering about Kansas, Ohio, UPenn, Michigan, Cornell, Tufts, Illinois, Wisconsin and VMRCVM.
According to VMSAR (2009), it seems that Kansas State's special thing is public speaking. Microbiology with lab and of course genetics
I also checked the VMSAR for Ohio and it says in Math alegebra and Trig. I suggest going by the personal websites then. Because its looking like the information may have recently changed since the VMSAR was made.
I also checked the VMSAR for Ohio and it says in Math alegebra and Trig. I suggest going by the personal websites then. Because its looking like the information may have recently changed since the VMSAR was made.
I don't think K-State requires nutrition...at least it's not listed on their site...
http://www.vet.ksu.edu/admit/requirements.htm
http://www.vet.ksu.edu/admit/requirements.htm
I find that site tends to be wrong. For example, it says nothing about Calc for Ohio, but Ohio requires calc...so I don't like to go by that site.
Specifically I was wondering about Kansas, Ohio, UPenn, Michigan, Cornell, Tufts, Illinois, Wisconsin and VMRCVM.
Oh apparently I was wrong about Kansas according to that website. So did you just end up emailing schools to confirm their requirements? I haven't applied yet so I didn't know anyone was having that problem! 🙁
Oh apparently I was wrong about Kansas according to that website. So did you just end up emailing schools to confirm their requirements? I haven't applied yet so I didn't know anyone was having that problem! 🙁
Mmm...I basically just went off of the course requirements on the school official websites. I did email Kansas about a question I had for expository writing I and II...and they basically said if you can prove with a syllabus that 60% or more of your grade in an english course was writing, then it counts.
I applied to Upenn Tufts and Cornell. None of them require animal science or animal nutrition. I'm not sure about the others you're looking at. 🙂
Mmm...I basically just went off of the course requirements on the school official websites. I did email Kansas about a question I had for expository writing I and II...and they basically said if you can prove with a syllabus that 60% or more of your grade in an english course was writing, then it counts.
Oh, right. That makes sense! Can you tell I just woke up recently?? haha 😳
I find that site tends to be wrong. For example, it says nothing about Calc for Ohio, but Ohio requires calc...so I don't like to go by that site.
Specifically I was wondering about Kansas, Ohio, UPenn, Michigan, Cornell, Tufts, Illinois, Wisconsin and VMRCVM.
Upenn, Illinois, wisc, and VMRCVM do not require nutrition because i applied to them and have not taken it!
Oh, right. That makes sense! Can you tell I just woke up recently?? haha 😳
haha no worries 😉
OKState wants it for sure. I think Florida does too? I know Florida wants Intro to AnSci...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad