Required Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimback101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I graduated from undergrad in '04 with a degree in biology/psychology. I wasn't required to take orgo or physics. I am now in a grad program for bio at johns hopkins, however, the orgo and biochem courses are not accompanied with labs. I work full-time in a lab doing infectious disease research (tuberculosis). Does anybody know if schools would care that I didn't have the labs with class since I do lab work everyday? Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

swimback101 said:
Hi,
I graduated from undergrad in '04 with a degree in biology/psychology. I wasn't required to take orgo or physics. I am now in a grad program for bio at johns hopkins, however, the orgo and biochem courses are not accompanied with labs. I work full-time in a lab doing infectious disease research (tuberculosis). Does anybody know if schools would care that I didn't have the labs with class since I do lab work everyday? Thanks so much.

Hi there,
You need one year of Organic Chemistry with lab and one year of General Physics with lab. You could contact individual medical schools but I think you are going to find that they require the lab even if you have a graduate degree.
njbmd :)