Required Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I was looking over the course requirements for different schools and looked at Washington States.
Prospective dental students are required to complete the following:
General Microbiology - 3 Semester Units
or some have English Literature...

They are probably pretty strict on this huh/I should think about taking the course in my final semester?

A lot of the schools ask for some things like this that I would imagine not everyone would have. Are people not applying to the schools that ask for things they dont have, or whats your plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all

I was looking over the course requirements for different schools and looked at Washington States.
Prospective dental students are required to complete the following:
General Microbiology - 3 Semester Units
or some have English Literature...

They are probably pretty strict on this huh/I should think about taking the course in my final semester?

A lot of the schools ask for some things like this that I would imagine not everyone would have. Are people not applying to the schools that ask for things they dont have, or whats your plan?

Just take it before you matriculate.

In general, schools are pretty strict about these matters.

I believe you can just take the requirement in Spring before you'd start dental school.

So then I should probably put a bunch of things on my planned/in progress course list right. I mean I wasnt planning on it but If its not on there they might not even look at me.

Interviews and all that will hopefully be before January, or at least ill have an idea and sign up for the classes my last semester.

Good Idea?