Required Immunizations/Titers

Started by RphCat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RphCat

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea how much these might cost me? I have insurace, but its high deductible so I will most likely be paying for all of these out of pocket.
I was immunized for all of these as a child, however I no longer have my immunization records so I think I have to get some/all of the sets again 🙁

- HepB
-TDap
-MMR
-Varicella
-TB screening
-HepA (recommended, not required)
 
The TB gold test and hep b immunity screening alone cost me 120 dollars. My insurance wouldn't cover it.
So I paid.

But school health centers are a lot cheaper....like 10-15 dollars per shot at my school, but I'm not a student so couldn't do it there. Are you still a student? You might want to go to your school health center. They are really cheap.

You might also want to look at minute clinics at CVS etc. I heard their out of pocket cost is affordable but I don't know. No personal experience with that.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
The TB gold test and hep b immunity screening alone cost me 120 dollars. My insurance wouldn't cover it.
So I paid.

But school health centers are a lot cheaper....like 10-15 dollars per shot at my school, but I'm not a student so couldn't do it there. Are you still a student? You might want to go to your school health center. They are really cheap.

You might also want to look at minute clinics at CVS etc. I heard their out of pocket cost is affordable but I don't know. No personal experience with that.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you!
My current school doesnt have a health center, maybe I could check with my pharmacy school I am attending in August to see if I can take advantage of their student health center for those.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you work in a hospital you can get them done for free, just by going to your employee health/education center. I just got all mines done yesterday.
 
If you work in a hospital you can get them done for free, just by going to your employee health/education center. I just got all mines done yesterday.
That is awesome they did them for free! I work for an insurance company, mail order pharmacy, and I have terrible health insurance. Imagine that. lol
 
My insurance paid for everything. But you might want to try getting your records from your pediatrician to start
 
I contacted Kaiser and I was able to get them! I didn't think they would have records that far back but they did 🙂 so that only leaves a few that I will need to get.