Required predental courses for Indiana Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkpari27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Indiana saying they will give me an interview if I send them a letter telling them when I will be taking the following predental courses (anatomy). Is anatomy required for this school? I wasn't planning on taking it, and I'm not sure if it's worth it for just this one school. Also, all of their pre dec. 1st dates are full..so I'm not sure if I should take this course or not. Anyone else get a similar email? THanks!!

We need letter from you stating when you plan to complete the following
required predental course(s). You will not be granted an interview until
we receive a letter from you stating WHEN you will complete the
course(s).

6.0 quarter hours of anatomy lecture with lab

Members don't see this ad.

Found this on their website under DDS prerequisites. Notice the first 2 sentences.

The following pre-dental courses are mandatory. There are no substitutes for these prerequisites; they can not be waived.

A minimum of eight (8) semester hours or twelve (12) quarter hours of each of the following:
  • Biology or Zoology (lecture and lab)
  • General Chemistry or Inorganic Chemistry (lecture and lab)
  • General Physics (lecture and lab)
A minimum of four (4) semester hours or six (6) quarter hours of each of the following:
  • Organic Chemistry (lecture and lab)
  • Human (or Mammalian or Comparative) Anatomy (lecture and lab)
A minimum of three (3) semester hours or four and one-half (4.5) quarter hours of each of the following:
  • Biochemistry Lecture
  • Human (or Mammalian or Cell) Physiology Lecture
A minimum of two (2) semester hours or three (3) quarter hours of each of the following:
  • Introductory Psychology
  • English Composition
I'm an Indiana resident and I didn't apply there b/c I didn't want to take 1 class for a shot at 1 school