required vaccines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tastrophe

NCSU c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I imagine it's probably school-specific, but still, could someone provide a list of vaccines/tests/etc needed to enter their [current or future] school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to Ross, so my requirements will probably be a bit different than schools in the States. I had to get tested for HIV, TB, and syphilis (VDRL), but these are required by the St Kitts government in order to get my student visa, not by the school itself. The school requires vaccines for Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B, and Rabies, plus a regular physical exam.

On the non-medical side, I also have to get a criminal background check, but again, that's for the student visa, not the school. Hope this helps you! :)

For Ohio, we're required to be up to date on our Tetanus/Diphtheria, have the Rabies vaccine and be tested for TB. Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox and Hep B vacc's are all optional. All of these aren't mandatory to have prior to matriculation either- they will compile a list of who needs what, and update us -during winter quarter, I believe- with whatever we've missed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools recommend, but don't require, a meningitis vaccination. That may be more focused on with undergraduates...

I LOVE that new picture of your little Chloe! She's so adorable. :D

(Sorry, off-topic, done now. I just can't resist a cute corgi. :))

Thank you, thank you. She's a pretty good picture taker.You know what I said to get her ears all perked up? I asked her favorite question: "Food?" Does it every time.

Thank you, thank you. She's a pretty good picture taker.You know what I said to get her ears all perked up? I asked her favorite question: "Food?" Does it every time.

(ok, forgive me for going way off-topic...)

heh, i'm pretty sure that's EVERY corgi's response to food. my own is so food-motivated that you say anything even remotely related, ie. kitchen, spell out f-o-o-d, say "F", that he perks up right away :D

At VMRCVM you are required to have mumps, measles, rubella, tetanus/diptheria, polio, and rabies vaccine series. TB tests are also required. Meningitis and Hep B series are optional but recommended (you can get out of it by signing a waiver). Hope this helps!