requirement question

highfly413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2002
    does every dental school require 2 semesters of physics?? just curious, bc i started out pre-med...took physics, I didn't do so hot and then retook another physics class simliar to it at another school over the summer. do i need to take another semester of it?

About the Ads

primerz

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 29, 2004
      Originally posted by UMDeeMan
      pre-meds have to take 3 semesters now??? damn, that blows. probably will become part of the pre-req's for dental though shortly. the bar keeps getting raised higher and higher.

Pre-Meds only have to to take two semesters of Physics. Same as pre-dents

blankguy

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Aug 11, 2003
      1. Dental Student
        Originally posted by Woodsy
        physics is GROSS!:mad: +pissed+ :thumbdown:

I'm struggling with it now. I keep telling myself it is a necessary evil. On a positive note, after one quiz and test I have yet to lose any points:D

Of course reality will probably set in with the next quiz or test.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Aug 11, 2003
        1. Dental Student
          Originally posted by primerz
          Imagine a person like me who got there BS in Physics. hehe:laugh:

*shudder*

What is it with Physics?? People in Physics seem to go some strange transformation. From perfectly well rounded individuals to complete nerds.:D

UMDeeMan

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Feb 12, 2004
          Duluth, MN
            blank - you say you finished your first exam and quiz?? well chances are you are on what I think is the toughest unit in physics and the point where most break and drop the couse. I'm talking about Newtons laws (so many variations for problems), Work, Energy (KE, PE). I hate all those god damn tension/pulley problems. I swear the profs make those chapters way more confusing then they need to be, specifically the pulley problems. all in all though Physics I is not that tough at all. I suck at math also.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Aug 11, 2003
            1. Dental Student
              Originally posted by UMDeeMan
              blank - you say you finished your first exam and quiz?? well chances are you are on what I think is the toughest unit in physics and the point where most break and drop the couse. I'm talking about Newtons laws (so many variations for problems), Work, Energy (KE, PE). I hate all those god damn tension/pulley problems. I swear the profs make those chapters way more confusing then they need to be, specifically the pulley problems. all in all though Physics I is not that tough at all. I suck at math also.

Yup, and I'm not letting this course screw me. I'm screwing the course :laugh:

How do I intend to keep this up? Do the problem sets repetiously.
              The class happens to be struggling, and the professor is going fast very fast which doesn't help matters, but I'm going even faster.

I don't expect to keep the clean sheet but I'm gunning for an A.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.