requirements for a post bac re-med program?

Started by NormanJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NormanJ

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry in advance if this has been asked before.
I'm a non science major who's about to graduate in few semesters. And I will be doing a post bac in pre-med.
I just have few questions.
1- If I do my post bac in pre med at the same school in which I got my Bachelors, Will I start with the same GPA in which I graduated? or will I start with a new GPA? I currently have a 3.2 GPA which is VERY low in my standards, but that was because of health complications I had during my first 2 years.
2- Will med schools look at just the post-bac pre med? or will they also look at my UG grades?

3- I calculated the amount of time pre med will take me after graduation. (2 years and one semester) But that's if I did the whole program. Would you recommend I just take the required courses for med school, or do the entire thing?

Thanks in advance!