Reschedule DAT past 6 month eligibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggie261

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
So I was planning on taking my DAT this summer and my eligibility was June-November. Things happened over the summer and I couldn't give my DAT in August as planned. I rescheduled to November but honestly with the super heavy course load i am taking, I doubt I will get time to study for the DAT while maintaining my grades. I now want to reschedule for January and I know I will have to pay the $400ish again which is fine. Problem is, it won't let me re-apply for eligibility. Its the weekend and so I cant call customer service but I am afraid of dates filling up as there are hardly any spots left. I want to re-apply and sign up asap!
Anyone been in this situation?

To clarify- I am not applying this cycle. I just entered my junior year.

Members don't see this ad.

I checked your history and in your chance me thread you said you had a 21AA. Are you trying to retake it? 21 is a good score and with your gpa of 3.7 you shouldn't worry. If you were at our last predental meeting you'd have heard Mrs. Severn say that 70% of aggies who submitted in june got an acceptance regardless of scores so just apply early and you'll be fine.

Side note: Are you going to the TMOM in two weeks? I'm looking for people to carpool with.

I checked your history and in your chance me thread you said you had a 21AA. Are you trying to retake it? 21 is a good score and with your gpa of 3.7 you shouldn't worry. If you were at our last predental meeting you'd have heard Mrs. Severn say that 70% of aggies who submitted in june got an acceptance regardless of scores so just apply early and you'll be fine.

Side note: Are you going to the TMOM in two weeks? I'm looking for people to carpool with.

Ah a friend borrowed my old laptop for a week earlier last semester and I think that was her post and she didn't log my out of my account on accident. I have not yet taken my DAT and my GPA is a 3.5 at the moment. I've so far only used this site for DAT prep questions. No chance me's yet since I have no DAT score!

Sorry- I am not going to TMOM!

ETA- Amazing scores btw! I am hoping for a similar score (23-24) to make up for my C in Gen Chem 2 and Ochem 2.

Also, I wasn't able to attend the meeting but that is very reassuring to hear!

Last edited:
Thanks and good luck on your DAT. Sorry I can't answer your question. My only suggestion would be to call on monday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have two options. Either cancel your test and pay 100 dollars, then apply for the DAT eligibility again for 460 dollars.

or just leave your test date as it is in November, then don't go to the test, you are allowed to do that, they won't consider it an attempt!

Then after you skip the test, your status will remain active, so you won't be able to apply for a new DAT until you send them an email explaining that you couldn't go to the test because you had issues and you need to reapply for eligibility again, they will normally let you do that in about 2-5 days after your email. They will change your status from active to expired and you will be able to apply for the DAT again after you pay 460 dollars.

This is what I did, I didn't go to the test, then tried to reapply for the DAT eligibility but I couldn't, so I contacted them via email and I was able to apply again.

This is explained in this DAT faq in 2015 here

If I do not show up on my test day or cancel my appointment, do I have to wait 90 days? No. If you do not test within your 6 month of eligibility or if you do not show up for your test date, that information is not sent to dental schools and does not count as a testing attempt. A testing attempt is when a student sits for a test at the testing center and has accepted the confidentiality agreement at the beginning of the test. If you do not take an exam under your application, you can submit an application without any waiting period.

Last edited:
You have two options. Either cancel your test and pay 100 dollars, then apply for the DAT eligibility again for 460 dollars.

or just leave your test date as it is in November, then don't go to the test, you are allowed to do that, they won't consider it an attempt!

Then after you skip the test, your status will remain active, so you won't be able to apply for a new DAT until you send them an email explaining that you couldn't go to the test because you had issues and you need to reapply for eligibility again, they will normally let you do that in about 2-5 days after your email. They will change your status from active to expired and you will be able to apply for the DAT again after you pay 460 dollars.

This is what I did, I didn't go to the test, then tried to reapply for the DAT eligibility but I couldn't, so I contacted them via email and I was able to apply again.

This is explained in this DAT faq in 2015

I already cancelled my test. I don't want to wait till November as dates are filling up. I will just call the tomorrow and ask! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Great move! This is not a test you want to take more than once!

Nancy

My thinking exactly! $460 is not worth taking the exam underprepared. I'd rather lose the money than take it knowing I am not going to score well.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
So I was planning on taking my DAT this summer and my eligibility was June-November. Things happened over the summer and I couldn't give my DAT in August as planned. I rescheduled to November but honestly with the super heavy course load i am taking, I doubt I will get time to study for the DAT while maintaining my grades. I now want to reschedule for January and I know I will have to pay the $400ish again which is fine. Problem is, it won't let me re-apply for eligibility. Its the weekend and so I cant call customer service but I am afraid of dates filling up as there are hardly any spots left. I want to re-apply and sign up asap!
Anyone been in this situation?

To clarify- I am not applying this cycle. I just entered my junior year.

Hi

I have the same situation. How did you get out of this scenario? I am trying to cancel and it asks for $60 fee. Also I need to get the eligibility request going. Any information on this very helpful to me. Please let me know thanks