Rescheduling an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fawkes94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If this is a dream school you should really try to trade shifts or take the day off somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Umyo. I was in a similar dilemma as you. Ultimately, after talking with more experienced (aka older) people, they told me that rescheduling an interview usually indicates that you're not THAT interested (of course, you're still interested, but if you were really interested you would do anything you could do make it). If this is a top school for you, I would do everything you can to make it. I'm sure if you talk to your boss and convey this they'll understand. But if that doesn't work out, med schools will always understand if you have a valid reason.

Uhmmm no i do not think it shows that you are not interested by requesting to reschedule... That sounds like a pre-med delusion. People have other interviews already scheduled and what not and sometimes can not make the date you offered. I doubt a school would hold some sort of vengence against you because you can't make the date. From my experience (rescheduled two interviews), they have been very accommodating.

But in your situation -- Med School II >>>>>>>>>>> Scribe job. Call of Work

Reactions: 1 users
I know there are some places (state schools) that push the interview date like a month+ if you reschedule. So there are probably schools that do mind and other schools that don't care. I was about to reschedule my interview when the person I talked to on the phone said I needed to contact the dean of admissions directly (!!). I just noped and went on the interview on the scheduled date.

Most scribe companies (to my knowledge) allow scribes to have time off for medical school interviews. Something like 75% of scribes are pre-meds after all. I would try and resolve the matter with your boss, or have someone cover your shift. If you can't solve it another way then call and reschedule, they won't hold it against you.

Uhmmm no i do not think it shows that you are not interested by requesting to reschedule... That sounds like a pre-med delusion. People have other interviews already scheduled and what not and sometimes can not make the date you offered. I doubt a school would hold some sort of vengence against you because you can't make the date. From my experience (rescheduled two interviews), they have been very accommodating.

But in your situation -- Med School II >>>>>>>>>>> Scribe job. Call of Work

Well I mean say you have an interview for Harvard and a state school on the same day (and of course both med schools are awesome!). Most people would reschedule the state school in favor of Harvard. In this case, we are more interested in Harvard, hence why we are willing to reschedule the other school. That's what I mean by seeming "less" interested. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it really won't matter, and if you have a good reason why you're rescheduling it will totally be fine. But especially if the school you are contemplating rescheduling is a top choice, you want to do everything you can to convey that you REALLY want to go there. That's just my two cents though.

I would tell your boss about the scheduling conflict, and that you can't change your shift on that day because of a previously scheduled interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and keep the interview and try to get my boss to take me off the shift. I guess I'll quit if I have to lol. But just hypothetical, do things like this really come up when adcom are discussing whether to accept an applicant? Like do they say oh good MCAT, good interviewer, but she rescheduled the interview?

Dude, this is your MED SCHOOL INTERVIEW. Presumably at least part of the reason you took the scribe job was to help you get into med school. Tell your boss "bye" and go get that acceptance!!!

Dude, this is your MED SCHOOL INTERVIEW. Presumably at least part of the reason you took the scribe job was to help you get into med school. Tell your boss "bye" and go get that acceptance!!!

Lol probably what everyone else is doing...hence the "high turnover"

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and keep the interview and try to get my boss to take me off the shift. I guess I'll quit if I have to lol. But just hypothetical, do things like this really come up when adcom are discussing whether to accept an applicant? Like do they say oh good MCAT, good interviewer, but she rescheduled the interview?

No, there are people from past threads who rescheduled (even the day before lel) and got in. It's school dependent and really the adcoms have the freedom to discuss anything.

I received an II yesterday, and scheduled myself for an interview on the 1st of Nov. because my work schedule for October was out by then and I was not working on the 31st. However, my boss emails me today and says that they're changing around some of the schedule because of some people quitting (high turnover scribe job), and I will be working on the 31st now. It's a shift that ends at 10 pm, so there's no way I can catch a flight and make it to my OOS interview. Would it look badly on my part if I contacted the school and asked to reschedule? Especially since it's only been a day since I picked the date in the first place. I'm trying to trade the shift but I don't think I'll get any takers because of Halloween. Sorry if this question is too neurotic, this is a dream school and I don't want to do anything that will jeopardize my chances haha

You shouldn't have to reschedule your interview, especially if you work for Scribe America. I suggest talking to your boss about getting the shift covered.