Rescheduling an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MZN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

There must already be a thread on this, but I cannot find it. My question is if a school assigns you an interview date, how easy is it to change that date? Here is the problem. I just scheduled a Yale interview (Yale is one of my top choices), and then today I got an email from Emory offering my an interview on the same date and saying that it would be difficult to change the date. Yale already told me that they cannot change my interview date after I scheduled it, plus I want to go to Yale more than I want to go to Emory (as far as I know, without having seen either school, anyway). But I really am interested in Emory, and I want the chance to interview there. I will call tomorrow to try to reschedule, but what do you think my chances are of that happening, and how will that be looked upon? Does this stuff stress out anyone else????

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt that you will have much problem changing your Emory date. It is not realistic for them to assign everyone a date and to expect that there won't be any conflicts. I am not sure that I would tell them that I can't make it because of another interview, through. I would be vague.

emory will change it for sure. i changed my interview date 3 times ... and then withdrew ... just don't mention my name - i don't htink they like me down in atlanta ;)

Originally posted by jot
emory will change it for sure. i changed my interview date 3 times ... and then withdrew ... just don't mention my name - i don't htink they like me down in atlanta ;)

no, we really dont, @sshole :p