1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Rescheduling Columbia interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jargon124, Nov 13, 2001.

1. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi all,

I just got my first interview invite - Columbia! It was kinda bittersweet though because the date they scheduled me conflicts with a final exam. I am probably not gonna be able to reschedule the final exam (but I'm asking my prof about this tomorrow anyway). My question is, if I call Columbia to reschedule the interview, will I be set back significantly? I know they have two admissions cycles and am wondering if rescheduling would set me back from the first to the second...I know I'm over-analyzing this, but any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

just reschedule :)
    it's fine :)

4. SnudgeMuffin

SnudgeMuffin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

First, Congrats!!! When my sister was applying, I guess maybe Columbia is different, but people at Penn State said that rescheduling will seriously delay everything because they have everybody set to come for interviews, which means they can't give you the interview the next day or couple days after. You might get pushed back couple WEEKS later and I don't think that's cool. Call them and find out if they will let you come earlier or one or two days later. If you get pushed back seriously, do make-up for your final. I am sure your professor will be flexible. By the way, would you mind sharing your stats??? I LOVE COLUMBIA!!! I wouldn't care if I fail all my final as long as Columbia gives me an interview. :)

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Columbia does not have rolling admissions, so rescheduling there is not a big deal. Congrats again, Jargon! :D

6. mwilson

mwilson treo
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had to reschedule, and they were totally cool about it. The day that was most convenient for me was already full, but they just had me ask for an exception from Dr. Frantz. The admissions person assured me that doing so was not considered being a pain in the ass or anything.

Congrats!