Rescheduling DAT can be a major beeyatch!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetsGo2DSchool

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like it's the first week of the semester when you're checking the course registration system constantly waiting for someone to drop a class so you can pick it up.

For the past 24 hours, I've been checking Prometric about every 5 minutes. The one near my place must be a lame one without much availability. It seems like whenever a spot opens up, it's gone within minutes by some other wolf sitting by the computer.

Unfortunately, the few that have popped up on the screen are not viable ones for me, otherwise I would jump on that suck'r like a hungry fly on ****.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man, I decided not to take my DAT Thursday. I'm going to take your advice and just do Destroyer for the next 2.5 weeks. So, thanks for helping me. Since we are both rescheduling...when are you wanting to take your DAT?
I'm going to definitely take it by August 20th.

LOL, I knew you would reschedule. I want to take mine around the same time too. I went thru Destroyer over a dozen times already so if I can do that, then you can surely do it a few times. I want to watch Chad a few more times and listen to the Audio Osmosis. I found a new system to practice hole punch and it seems to working well.

Btw, there was a funny line I heard in Audio Osmosis today: "How do you make a hor-mone anyway?... You just don't pay her." :laugh:

LOL, I knew you would reschedule. I want to take mine around the same time too. I went thru Destroyer over a dozen times already so if I can do that, then you can surely do it a few times. I want to watch Chad a few more times and listen to the Audio Osmosis. I found a new system to practice hole punch and it seems to working well.

Btw, there was a funny line I heard in Audio Osmosis today: "How do you make a hor-mone anyway?... You just don't pay her." :laugh:

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Rescheduling is quite the biatch. I had enough trouble just trying to schedule the damn thing over winter when I originally wanted to take it and then in the summer and then rescheduling 10 days. I ended up calling up the prometric and asking which dates were available (they can tell you how many seats are still open and stuff over the phone and they can do the rescheduling for you). I live in NY so there are a bunch of prometric centers that are a train ride away. I was able to get the prometric guy to check all of them for availability the date I wanted and he did it. I suggest you call em up and make them do it for you.

I called and the lady just gave the time I asked for. It took 10 min and the person can just give you all the times available.

I tried calling but got the same results as shown on the computer.

Maybe it's not meant to be. Maybe I should just take it.

I tried calling but got the same results as shown on the computer.

Maybe it's not meant to be. Maybe I should just take it.

If you're only looking at 1 specific site for the test it's gonna be tough to get the spot you want. It changes everyday though so I would keep looking. But, worst comes to worst, be prepared to take it the day planned...:scared:

Dude I had a heart attack literally when it said, "It is too late to reschedule" I was like WTF it was scheduled for this friday right on August 5th but I decided I needed two more weeks (ahahahah my third reschedule now). I was like no way I haven't even taken any practice tests yet, haven't reviewed I am so f'd I am going to pay another 300 dollars to reschedule it AHHHHH and then finally reentered my information again and it let me reschedule again.....FML

Now its on the 17th. Dude just pick a date and go with it man because worst case scenario you might not have a chance to change it again.

Finally, a spot just became available and I snatch it up so darn quick lol.

I have three weeks until Judgment Day. Enough tooling around lol, now it's time to clamp down for the final stretch run.

So stop distracting me you SDNers, I need to study!

Dude I had a heart attack literally when it said, "It is too late to reschedule" I was like WTF it was scheduled for this friday right on August 5th but I decided I needed two more weeks (ahahahah my third reschedule now). I was like no way I haven't even taken any practice tests yet, haven't reviewed I am so f'd I am going to pay another 300 dollars to reschedule it AHHHHH and then finally reentered my information again and it let me reschedule again.....FML

Now its on the 17th. Dude just pick a date and go with it man because worst case scenario you might not have a chance to change it again.

I just canceled mine....I had to pay $25 to CANCEL IT. ...WHAT...THE...F*** IS THIS ABOUT? THEN...I paid $320 to take the exam again. I did this yesterday at 12:20pm...and I still haven't received my Eligibility email, so I can't register.
The ADA website says they process DAT applications on Tuesday (yesterday WAS TUESDAY!). .....How did you get your Eligibility email, and I didn't?

lmao...after than harangue I just exhibited...it turns out 7 minutes ago I finally got the Eligibility email from ADA. I'm good :D
I'm taking mine August 17, 18, or 19th.

It's a very good thing that I rescheduled it. I called the Prometric today (different one from the original location) to ask about the markers and other important things such as bathrooms and the magazine selection in the waiting area. It turns out that they just got new super thin markers that are like ball point pens. Wow, that is music to my ears!

The lady also said if I wear a sweatshirt or something into the testing room and decide to take it off, then I'm not allowed to keep it on the back of my chair. I would need to take it out of the room completely. I never heard of this before. Perhaps it's just this location.

It's a very good thing that I rescheduled it. I called the Prometric today (different one from the original location) to ask about the markers and other important things such as bathrooms and the magazine selection in the waiting area. It turns out that they just got new super thin markers that are like ball point pens. Wow, that is music to my ears!

The lady also said if I wear a sweatshirt or something into the testing room and decide to take it off, then I'm not allowed to keep it on the back of my chair. I would need to take it out of the room completely. I never heard of this before. Perhaps it's just this location.

when i first took the DAT, i was told either my zip up hoodie stays on or off, but i can;t take it off in the middle and just leave it there....so i think its everywhere

hey guys, i'm trying to reschedule my dat but it says my appointment is past the cutoff date for modification? My test in on September 17th. Has anyone else had this problem?

hey guys, i'm trying to reschedule my dat but it says my appointment is past the cutoff date for modification? My test in on September 17th. Has anyone else had this problem?

Assuming it's still one year within the date you registered for the DAT, this is a glitch in their system. I encountered this multiple times. Just keep clicking the 'Next' button. Or you may have to wait a few minutes before trying again. You can always call Prometric and do it over the phone in which case there won't be this issue.

I did, I had to call. But, first make sure you are entering your information into the 'rescheduling test' window otherwise it thinks your trying to create a new registration.