rescheduling ucsd interview???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by saiyaman, Aug 12, 2002.

1. saiyaman

saiyaman Member

i received an interview invite from ucsd today, and i'm happy about that but i've got a problem. they schedule the interview date for you, and tell you that basically it's nearly impossible to reschedule their interview. the problem is that i have already scheduled an interview at pitt on the day that they scheduled for me, so i'll already be on the east coast. i think it's kind of ishy that ucsd picks an interview time for you in general. can anyone who interviewed at san diego help me out? are they serious about this "no rescheduling" or not? :confused: muchas gracias

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat

I don't really know, since I was able to go on the day they assigned to me.

Look, they know that people apply to more than one school -- just call them and tell them you have a conflicting interview and you've already bought plane tickets, and I'm sure they will reschedule it for you.

4. jot

jot

was your file complete when you got an interview?

5. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member

no,no do not tell that you HAVE an interview at a different school. Tell them something else impotant has come up and if you have to reschedule the meeting. I would think that they have to be flexible about it since they did not ask you want time you would've been available. Sorry, I did not have any personal experience but it just commons sense that speaks to me.

6. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller

congrats!!!
    not a problem. my ex roommate rescheduled his UCSD interview last year cos' he was out of the country. just tell them you're out of town...they will reschedule for you.

7. saiyaman

saiyaman Member

thanks for all the advice! i should've just chillaxed, i'll just call and reschedule tomorrow. the wording on their email just kind of freaked me out originally, but it's good to hear that others have rescheduled. btw jot, i think my file is complete w/them, cuz they show a receipt of my secondary on the 8th of august, but i'm not 100% positive. thanks again everyone, this site is awesome

8. Bikini Princess

i agree w/ Diogenes. I think schools are required to give you a certain amount of lee-way with interview time scheduling.

9. Street Philosopher

holy cow everyone is doing things so fast. /me cries.

10. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member

ooh ooh, i'll take your old interview time!! i'm sure they won't mind if we just start scheduling our own interviews! ;)