Rescinded Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamin big

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I applied this cycle and have been really fortunate with getting interviews (5 so far) but am currently enrolled in a class that I'm struggling a bit in. There are just 3 exams, each of which constitute 30%, 30%, and 40% of the grade, and I didn't do so well on the first one (failed). With the score on this exam, amazing scores on the last two exams can potentially get me to a B, but just great scores would most likely leave me in the C range. If I receive acceptances on December 1st, would a C in this class lead to an offer being rescinded? I'm generally a good student (3.7, 21+) and have gotten a C+ before in a course, but the rest are A's and B's. (Side Note: This class is not a pre-req, just an upper level science elective for a bio major).

I intend to get the same A's and B's in my other courses this semester, but am worried that a C in this class could potentially keep me out of some of these schools. It's still early and I'm going to work hard to do well on the other two exams this semester, but I'm just thinking ahead worst-case, would this one course do me in?

Thanks for the help and advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Try to bring that up to a B- but no, I strongly doubt they would rescind your acceptance because of that.

If it's not a required prerequisite and you're not going to fail it, you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies @hoppingpre and @EasTexan , I'm going to try and bring it up to a B (we just have C+ and B, no minuses) but just was thinking worst-case since it will be tough. It's still early so hopefully I can just ace the rest and get to the B, but it's been a tough class and is just a bit discouraging at this point.

The only requirement it is for is for my Biology major (need upper level classes) but as long as I get a C, it will count towards that. For Dental school, all of my pre-req class requirements are done and, to my knowledge, none of the schools I applied to (let alone any dental school probably) require this specific class.

If anyone knows of any specific scenarios of acceptances being rescinded, and if it was similar to my situation, I would appreciate hearing it! I'm assuming most cases of schools taking their offers away are with failing grades or like straight C's or something?

If you fail it and it results in you not receiving your Bachelors degree, yea, that might be a problem for some dental schools.

If you fail it and it results in you not receiving your Bachelors degree, yea, that might be a problem for some dental schools.

Yes, clearly that would be a problem, but I just meant a C as the lowest mark. Thank you for your responses, though. Hoping that you're right that if it were a C, I'd still be good.

Aren't conditional requirements sent with your acceptance?

You won't get rescinded for a C.

I only ever got C's after I was accepted. Wasn't a problem for me.