Rescore CP boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sonaly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Failed CP boards Fall 2008. Is it worth rescoring? Know of anyone who actually passed by rescore?

Members don't see this ad.

Failed CP boards Fall 2008. Is it worth rescoring? Know of anyone who actually passed by rescore?

I heard of that option.. I'm sure it dates from when the test were scantron, and so there was the possibility that something happened or was misscaned..

but how is rescoring going to work on the computer..?

Just another way for the ABP to take money from you...

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any more of your moola. It's a sham. Bennett even said back in the day before computer scoring - sometimes scores changed. But not any more. Straight from the horse's mouth....scout's honor.

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any more of your moola. It's a sham. Bennett even said back in the day before computer scoring - sometimes scores changed. But not any more. Straight from the horse's mouth....scout's honor.

And yet they leave the option there.. scam scam scam.

The ABP charges indebted residents for useless rescoring of their exam?

Pure class.

With the computerized exam format currently in place the chances of your score changing via a rescore are zero. Paying for a rescore would be a quick way to waste money. I agree with Pathwrath, djmd, and raggedredfiber - IMHO the ethics of still offering this rescore option are problematic.

It is my strong suspicion they accept the $ and simply generate a standarized response.

I wouldnt bother.

Yeah, they probably make sure that your score report actually matches your actual exam (i.e., checking to make sure someone else's score wasn't reported as yours). But I think they recheck this stuff anyway during the scoring period, so I highly doubt they would find an error like this. I would suspect that "rescoring" would not involve challenging the validity of any questions that you missed, because that also has happened. I guess if you have the money to throw away you could do it, but like everyone said above, it's basically a scam.

Actual email exchange:

to: Mary Pyfrom <[email protected]>

Ms Pyfrom,

Is it possible to provide some indication of how often rescoring
an exam changes the outcome?

to: tardieu

I have been here 11 years and have never seen a score turned around by having it rescored.

Given the situation in which someone would entertain the option of having their score rescored, it does seem rapacious to dangle in front of them what essentially amounts to a $50 mirage of straws.

However, credit where due, you gotta appreciate the honest response.

Wow, for me actually calls into question in the entire ethical standard ABP is holding itself to.

Shameful IMO.

Actual email exchange:

to: Mary Pyfrom <[email protected]>

Ms Pyfrom,

Is it possible to provide some indication of how often rescoring
an exam changes the outcome?

to: tardieu

I have been here 11 years and have never seen a score turned around by having it rescored.

Given the situation in which someone would entertain the option of having their score rescored, it does seem rapacious to dangle in front of them what essentially amounts to a $50 mirage of straws.

However, credit where due, you gotta appreciate the honest response.

</[email protected]></[email protected]>

Wow, seems like they should just take the option of rescoring out. Good to know Mary Pyfroms response.