Research after Undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed-bruin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not do research while in undergrad and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how I can (if I can) get involved in research even though I already graduated.

Members don't see this ad.

I did not do research while in undergrad and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how I can (if I can) get involved in research even though I already graduated.

Labs at a university may still take you in (especially if you are willing to start out as a volunteer). You can also try to find local hospitals (not affiliated with a university) conducting research and see if you could be of any use.

I didn't have any research experience upon graduation either. Just found a lab in a hospital near my home doing research that interested me, emailed the PI explaining who I was, what my goals were, and why I wanted to help out in his lab and luckily he took me in.

Reactions: 1 users
^^^ this. Paid positions without experience are hard to come by but once you gain some experience it will help. Clinical research coordinator positions are quite common for folks to take for two or three years before medical school.

Reactions: 1 user