Research assistant in dermatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermadoctor

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am a dermatologist presently working as a senior resident at St John's Medical college, Bangalore. I have done a year of dermatosurgery Fellowship from the same hospital. Its been 3 years since i've completed my MD.
My husband, a neurosurgeon will be coming to USA for a fellowship in endovascular suregry. He has written and cleared all his USMLE steps.
Since we are to be in USA for a limited period of time, 2 years, I have not written my steps yet.However, I am very interested in the field of Dermatology and am willing to work hard. Is there any option I have to continue working in dermatology without giving my steps?
Is reasearch assistant the only option i have?

Please help me out and advise.

Thanking you all
 
I am a clinical research fellow in Houston. We had a dermatologist from Columbia that worked at our office for 5 years while taking her USMLE's. She functioned technically as a study coordinator but was actually more like a subinvestigator. I'm sure there are several opportunities such as this available. Where will you be located?