Research Assistant positions

Started by viv2003
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

viv2003

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am an MD applying this september for residency starting July 2006.I am currently doing basic science research at an University in NY.This current position is unpaid.I am looking for a paid research assistant position.I would appreciate it if anyone knows of any openings or ideas as to how i can proceed to get one.Thank you.
 
viv2003 said:
Hi,

I am an MD applying this september for residency starting July 2006.I am currently doing basic science research at an University in NY.This current position is unpaid.I am looking for a paid research assistant position.I would appreciate it if anyone knows of any openings or ideas as to how i can proceed to get one.Thank you.

You can look at the university's website where they have the job postings. This is how I found my research assistant position.
 
don't look for listed positions. I mean, it wont hurt, but that's not where you will find most. Just go to department webpages, find names of professors you'd like to work with, and e-mail them resumes, a little about who you are, and what you're looking for.