Research at Community Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quijotemd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, ms4 here awaiting the match. I anticipate matching at a community program but I have an interest in clinical research. If a community program isn't really known for research, much less have a research requirement, is it still possible to do research?

If it's possible, any suggestions how to get started or who to seek for help?

Thanks,

Q

Members don't see this ad.

Quijotemd said:
Hi all, ms4 here awaiting the match. I anticipate matching at a community program but I have an interest in clinical research. If a community program isn't really known for research, much less have a research requirement, is it still possible to do research?

If it's possible, any suggestions how to get started or who to seek for help?

Thanks,

Q

A few years ago I worked as a mental health worker at a community psych hospital. They actually did quite a big business running clinical trials for drug companies. They had an attending on staff who did only this. While the type of research you engaged in would be limited to what pharma dictates, you could still use the opportunity to acquire the basic clinical research toolkit: recruitment (and hopefully the ethics of it), experimental design, data analyis, writing, etc.