Research at different institution

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Brah of Science

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody!!
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I'm trying anyways. I am trying to plan for my gap year and I would really like to broaden my research experience. I have been working in lab at a small state school for about 2 years but it hasn't really been productive. I am interested in participating in another lab at a different university that is more productive. Do you guys know how PI's take to having students offer to help out in their labs for no credit/payment? Do they take undergrad and/or recent graduates? I have been researching faculty at numerous institutions which possess medical schools and am considering reaching out to them. I just don't really know where to start. I apologize for the lengthy paragraph. Thanks in advance!