Research Burnout - Dealing with IRB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thisampgoestoeleven

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has been the nail in the coffin for me for interest in doing any research. I've found it to take at least 8 weeks at my institution to do a lousy QI/QA project. (I don't understand, I should just be able to fill out an exemption form. No. It could never be that simple.)

Granted, clinical oncology has Prior Authorization as its corollary, but at least 25-50% of the time they know what they are talking about.
 
It took me 5 months to get approved to do a simple retrospective study. Research isn't really my thing but I'll do some to fulfill requirements. I've known I was bound for private practice since I started fellowship.

It was nice to get to fellowship and I could drop any pretense about being interested in academics....