Dec 19, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I haven't seen this question explicitly answered elsewhere on this forum. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I know that research credits in science count towards your BCPM on the AMCAS. Do they also count towards your science GPA for the AACOMAS? Thanks.

ShinyDome19

Evil in the making...
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Evil Residency
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, they do appear to be counted towards your GPA in AACOMAS, as long as they are counted as a grade in your transcript...Below is a cut-out of my AACOMAS application (you get access to a copy of everything submitted to the school after you finish your application):

So, when I added it up for my graduate courses (all course numbers 5000 or greater), my number of credits in the top image under graduate added in all of my graduate research credits...Now, for undergrad (all course numbers <5000) my numbers were off slightly, but I may have just miscalculated...i put this together in kind-of-a hurry.

Ill try to remember to come back and look at my undergrad calculations again when i get a chance..

ODorDO

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Atlantis
Status
Medical Student
How about repeat research units? would they really count all my research units? that would be pretty awesome!

st2205

Attending
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
They will all count to your sGPA.