research experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docline

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is research experience necessary/required to get into dental school?
In the AADSAS application, they ask for research experience. Is it in your disadvantage if you don't have any?

Members don't see this ad.

you dont need research to get in. I didnt have any and got into my top choices. But it can help you if you did it, especially if your borderline.

On the same topic, does anyone know if its possible to do research in dental school without any previous research experience.

Definately possible to do research w/o any experience. I'm in the same boat. You just need to look around and be persistant. I leave in two weeks for a summer research externship at The Forsyth Institute. So excited. Although not looking forward to taking my boards in Boston.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about research-oriented dental schools like Harvard? Do they expect some research experiences? Do you think it would be possible to get into such schools without any research experience?

The research I listed was the computer science research I did when writing my thesis. I had no research experience in natural sciences, and I got into my top choice.

misogi said:
The research I listed was the computer science research I did when writing my thesis. I had no research experience in natural sciences, and I got into my top choice.
Same here, actually, I listed that I attended(and I did this for extra credit in Organic Chem) a 1 hr organic chemistry research lecture.

Calculus1 said:
Same here, actually, I listed that I attended(and I did this for extra credit in Organic Chem) a 1 hr organic chemistry research lecture.

I can't believe you actually put that down. Did anyone ask you about it? :)