research experiences--->career development?

Started by treeye
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

treeye

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I decide to go to NP route and will start this Fall. I think I will probably work either in a hospital or office settings when I graduate.

A casual research position came up and the min. hour requirement is 16 hours per month. Job title is HCA 3, job function is to offer clinical support for phase I research studies as a RN.

To take the job on the top of my other full time job (every other weekend) means that I prob. have to work three out of four weekends of a month due to babysitting constraints.

any insight what research experiences will do for my career development? I have been interested in research but not sure whether it's worth the sacrifice at this point. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
master route
I don't think I'll go for DNP

Most on campus programs have transitioned to the DNP starting last year. A research position would be helpful in the DNP program. Less helpful in a masters program.

Have you applied and been accepted I assume?
 
I'm starting this Fall, online program. I don't think I intend to go to DNP unless I have to.
 
I'm starting this Fall, online program. I don't think I intend to go to DNP unless I have to.

Good luck to you in your studies I wish you success. Might I suggest you transition to allnurses.com?

There are some pretty negative and militant people on this forum. You could save yourself a lot of aggravation by sticking to allnurses.

Good luck in your studies!