Research for pediatrics residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Longhorn16

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if not having research would be an issue/big negative when applying to the more competitive pediatric residencies (Boston, Seattle, Baylor, etc)? I did well on step (>250), and have been honoring most clinical rotations, and hopefully will have good letters of recommendation (I'm a third year now). I don't really enjoy research, but of course would be willing to jump through the necessary hoops if it really is important to these programs. I think I would like to do a fellowship down the road but am not dead set on that.

Thanks for the help!