cluelessdr

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy
hey sorry for the amount of posts I have been doing, but I was wondering how much research dental schools require? I have one year of research. I am going into my last two semesters of undergrad and I just now am deciding dental school (was med school before) and want to focus on more volunteer work/shadow dentists. Also need to start studying for DAT during the semester as well so I dont know if I will have enough time for research. What are you thoughts? thanks.

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I personally don't have any research, but I think schools care way more about your DAT/GPA and shadowing hours than they do about research (unless it's UCSF or Harvard- they like research).
Also, you can look up to the upper right and search for things, sometimes people have posted similar things.

Reactions: Auntymarkovnikov
About the Ads
OP
C

cluelessdr

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
I personally don't have any research, but I think schools care way more about your DAT/GPA and shadowing hours than they do about research (unless it's UCSF or Harvard- they like research).
Also, you can look up to the upper right and search for things, sometimes people have posted similar things.
thanks I am new to SDN

OP
C

cluelessdr

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Dental school requires about 0 hours of research.
do i have enough time before next spring to get shadow hours? I am only in school for one more semester kinda. I am studying abroad in the spring of 2018 and then applying June 2018.

Auntymarkovnikov

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
do i have enough time before next spring to get shadow hours? I am only in school for one more semester kinda. I am studying abroad in the spring of 2018 and then applying June 2018.
hell yea most schools only have a requirement of like 40-60 hours

tyjacobs

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
hey sorry for the amount of posts I have been doing, but I was wondering how much research dental schools require? I have one year of research. I am going into my last two semesters of undergrad and I just now am deciding dental school (was med school before) and want to focus on more volunteer work/shadow dentists. Also need to start studying for DAT during the semester as well so I dont know if I will have enough time for research. What are you thoughts? thanks.
You don't have to do research for dental school, only do it if your interested/you are in a position where doing research will boot your app well enough

OP
C

cluelessdr

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
Honestly, you just gotta make time. Try to get at least 50 hours. If you go for three hours every week for the next 3-4 months that should be plenty.
awesome, I have a connection with a dentist in the community where I go to school and should be doing 4hrs/week this fall semester. should I be doing anything else? I hear community service I a lot? have any recommendations for that?

OP
C

cluelessdr

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
You don't have to do research for dental school, only do it if your interested/you are in a position where doing research will boot your app well enough
I learned what I needed in this lab, I didn't get any posters or pubs out of it, but I will get a LOR out of it lol

About the Ads