research hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cluelessdr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey sorry for the amount of posts I have been doing, but I was wondering how much research dental schools require? I have one year of research. I am going into my last two semesters of undergrad and I just now am deciding dental school (was med school before) and want to focus on more volunteer work/shadow dentists. Also need to start studying for DAT during the semester as well so I dont know if I will have enough time for research. What are you thoughts? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Dental school requires about 0 hours of research.

Reactions: 2 users
I personally don't have any research, but I think schools care way more about your DAT/GPA and shadowing hours than they do about research (unless it's UCSF or Harvard- they like research).
Also, you can look up to the upper right and search for things, sometimes people have posted similar things.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally don't have any research, but I think schools care way more about your DAT/GPA and shadowing hours than they do about research (unless it's UCSF or Harvard- they like research).
Also, you can look up to the upper right and search for things, sometimes people have posted similar things.
thanks I am new to SDN

Dental school requires about 0 hours of research.
do i have enough time before next spring to get shadow hours? I am only in school for one more semester kinda. I am studying abroad in the spring of 2018 and then applying June 2018.

do i have enough time before next spring to get shadow hours? I am only in school for one more semester kinda. I am studying abroad in the spring of 2018 and then applying June 2018.
hell yea most schools only have a requirement of like 40-60 hours

hey sorry for the amount of posts I have been doing, but I was wondering how much research dental schools require? I have one year of research. I am going into my last two semesters of undergrad and I just now am deciding dental school (was med school before) and want to focus on more volunteer work/shadow dentists. Also need to start studying for DAT during the semester as well so I dont know if I will have enough time for research. What are you thoughts? thanks.

You don't have to do research for dental school, only do it if your interested/you are in a position where doing research will boot your app well enough

Honestly, you just gotta make time. Try to get at least 50 hours. If you go for three hours every week for the next 3-4 months that should be plenty.
awesome, I have a connection with a dentist in the community where I go to school and should be doing 4hrs/week this fall semester. should I be doing anything else? I hear community service I a lot? have any recommendations for that?

You don't have to do research for dental school, only do it if your interested/you are in a position where doing research will boot your app well enough
I learned what I needed in this lab, I didn't get any posters or pubs out of it, but I will get a LOR out of it lol

I learned what I needed in this lab, I didn't get any posters or pubs out of it, but I will get a LOR out of it lol

Yeah if you feel like you need that LOR then do research